Whether you are preparing to welcome your first bundle of joy into the world or your fourth, telling the people in your life about the arrival is a blissful item to add to your to-do list.
There are lots of creative ways to spread the good news in person, via social media or even through theatrical performances. Brainstorm options that best suit your personality and your audience, and have fun!
Before You Announce…
Be mindful as you share the news, telling your partner and close family members before announcing your pregnancy online. If you work outside of the home, talk with human resources as well as your boss before telling your coworkers. Some parents may also prefer to wait until the end of the first trimester to share the news, when the risk of miscarriage is lower.
Ready to talk? Here are some ideas to consider:
- For the film crowd—Host a viewing party of your favorite baby-themed movie, complete with cookies announcing the addition of a new cast member to your family. You could also send invitations to view The Godfather. Invite guests to help you welcome a new member to The Family.
- Keeping kids in the know—Drop the hint to siblings-to-be with T-shirts declaring new roles in life, such as “Best Big Sister in the World!”
- Picture perfect news—Want to create a lasting impression? Send framed ultrasound photos to your closest family and friends as gifts.
- Puzzle party—Invite loved ones over to work a puzzle and have snacks. The final product of the evening could be a picture of a snuggly baby in a blanket or an announcement saying, “We’re adding on!”
- Social sharing—If online networking is your thing, change your profile picture to a photo of your ultrasound and tag your partner.
- Telling your partner—Try sharing the news by adding items to your weekly grocery list, such as diapers or baby shampoo.
Congratulations on your future bundle of joy!